By Tui Benjamin

Two stunning models could be scarred for life by chemical burns after the horrific nightclub acid attack this weekend left their clothes melted to their skin.

Sisters Isobella and Prue Fraser were partying at Mangle in Dalston, East London, when a ‘noxious substance’ was sprayed on them after a brawl broke out at 1.10am on Monday (April 17).

Pic from Caters News

Terrified Isobella, 22, who needed hospital treatment, compared the incident to recent chemical attacks in Syria while Prue, 20, said she and her
sister were lucky to be alive.

Other victims included Celebrity Big Brother star Jamie O’Hara’s cousin Sadie Wright at the event which was attended by reality TV celebs from The Only Way Is Essex.

The Met Police confirmed 12 people were injured by the chemical with hundreds of revellers evacuated from the nightclub as emergency services flooded the scene.

Sydney-based Isobella, who was four nights into an 11-day trip when the incident happened, said: “I could see the fight going on for about five minutes, the guys were bickering and pushing each other, but I thought I was away from it.

Pic from Caters News

“Then one of the guys ran into me and I fell on the floor. I don’t know whether he threw the acid on me or it was on his shirt and dripped onto me.

“My whole dress was wet and I could smell gas, it was making me cough. I thought someone had scratched my back but when I looked at my dress it was melted to my back and there was a massive hole in it.

“Doctors don’t know exactly what the substance was but I am sure it is going to leave me scarred – at the moment I have a huge purple mark on my back.

“I’m planning to get out of modelling, but if I was staying in the industry I would be really worried about the scarring.

“It’s not what you expect when you go out, I had never heard of this happening but apparently acid attacks are quite common in the UK. It just really freaks you out.

“It was like the recent chemical weapons attack in Syria – we are lucky that this is the closest we are going to get to chemical burns like those people suffered.”

The sisters grew up in Australia with nanny and part-time model Prue moving to London seven months ago.

Pic from Caters News

Isobella suffered large burns across her back while Prue was left with three burns on her right arm and elbow where the acid splashed her.

They initially went home after escaping the nightclub but later went to Chelsea and Westminster Hospital after realising the extent of their injuries.

The pair from Newcastle, New South Wales, were discharged after medical treatment but must return to see doctors again tomorrow (WEDS) to find out the extent of the scarring.

Prue said: “It was almost like a bomb had gone off. I didn’t see the liquid at the time as it all happened so quickly, the fight broke out and the next thing I knew everything had been knocked out of my hands.

“I got pushed back and couldn’t stand up, I ended up in the middle of the floor. I felt something on my arm and afterwards I was in so much pain. I thought I had scratched my arm where I fell over.

“My top was shoulderless and didn’t cover a lot of skin. We got out of there quickly, we just wanted to get home.

“But by 3am we went to hospital, we were in so much pain. For someone to throw acid – it is so extreme. It was just horrible.

“You don’t expect to go out to a club and for something like that to happen – it has made me scared to go out, now I don’t want to go out at all.

Pic from Caters News

“It could have been much worse or fatal, we were so lucky. With working as a model, if it had been on my face it would have made it hard to get work.”

A spokesman for London’s Met Police said: “Detectives are investigating after acid was sprayed inside licensed premises in Hackney.

“Police were called to the premises in Sidworth Street, Dalston, at approximately 01:10am after members of the public complained of a noxious substance.

“London Fire Brigade and London Ambulance Service were also called to the scene.

“In total 12 people attended hospital suffering burns. Ten were taken by ambulance and two people presented themselves at an east London hospital.

“Two of those injured – both men in their 20s – remain in a serious but stable condition in hospital. The others were treated for minor injuries.

“Officers believe a dispute between two groups of people developed inside the venue, resulting in a noxious substance being sprayed by a male suspect directly at the two men who remain in hospital.

“Other people inside the venue suffered the effects of the substance. The substance is yet to be identified, but it is believed to have been acidic.

“A police investigation is underway. There has been no arrest at this early stage and enquiries continue. There is nothing to suggest this is gang-related.”

Stuart Crichton, London Ambulance Service assistant director of operations, said: “We were called at 1:09am today (Monday 17 April) to reports of an incident on Warburton Road, E8.

“We sent multiple resources to the scene including paramedics in cars, ambulance crews, a number of officers an advanced paramedic and our hazardous area response team. We have taken ten patients to hospital.”

A spokesman for Mangle said: “We are currently cooperating with the police investigation into an incident that occurred on Monday morning. At this stage, we cannot offer any further comment.”