Amazing Video

By Katie Magee

An ex-soldier turned ghost hunter claims he captured spooky footage of the infamous 30 East Drive poltergeist knocking over specialist equipment after being asked to play a game.

Terrified Kyle Thompson captured the eerie moment his K2 meter, a cult paranormal investigation device, was thrown to the ground at Britain’s most haunted house earlier this month.

The video shows dad-of-two Kyle in a dark room asking the spirit to make itself known to the investigators.

The K2 meter, a device that measures electro-magnetic fields, was placed at a 45-degree angle against the wall before appearing to fall on its side.

Kyle said he had heart palpitations in the upstairs room at 30 East Drive in Pontefract, West Yorkshire, after he was locked in a coal shed moments before his chilling encounter with the spirit dubbed Europe’s most violent poltergeist.

Paranormal investigator for Soul Reaper Kyle said:  “One of the other guys was stood next to the K2 and moved his feet and it did not affect the meter at all.

“Then we called out again to the spirit and a second later it was knocked over onto the floor.

“We even tried to debunk what happened to see if it would go over again by jumping up and down on the floorboards but nothing happened.

“I was having heart palpitations and was thinking that I couldn’t go back in there.

“It was so mental but I was so glad that I had my camera on and that I was pointing it in the in the right direction.”

Back in the 1960s, the unassuming house became the centre of a string of alleged incidents involving a mischievous and often violent poltergeist which the family eventually named Fred.

After horrifying encounters such as dad Joe being trapped in a coal cellar with a dark figure coming towards him and his daughter getting dragged up the stairs by her hair, the property gained a reputation as UK’s most haunted home.

During his visit to 30 East Drive, Kyle claims he also managed to capture a photo of another notorious spook, the Black Monk of Pontefract.

The former infantry soldier, who now works as a warehouse operative, said: “This is the third time I’ve been to 30 East Drive and it was the most active that I have ever seen it.

“It was definitely more audible this time and we heard a lot of voices – they sounded female though.

“It started off slow, with small things only happening and little voices occurring now and then – it was as if they were testing us and seeing what we were going to do.

“They were playing games with us.

“We worked our way through the house and there was cold spots every now and then and then there became more and more.

“Cold spots show that there is activity or something in the room and they were surrounding me.

“I went outside for a cigarette and to use the toilet. As I was opening the door and leaving there was a voice right in front of my face that said ‘thank you’.

“It was so polite and I proper freaked out and let out this big scream but it’s just because I wasn’t expecting it.”