Life Video

By Josh Saunders


Meet the actress who is living locked away from the world because a deadly gas leak left her ALLERGIC TO LIFE AND EVEN HER HUSBAND.

PICS BY PILAR OLAVE / CATERS NEWS

Pilar Olave, 30, from Los Angeles in California, USA, has been bedridden and unable to live with her husband for two years because of her extreme allergies.

Four years ago Pilar started forgetting her lines, becoming disorientated, confused and suffered from a tight chest, severe stomach pain and heart palpitations.

Her body had developed an allergy to all food, people, water, clothing, technology with an electromagnetic field including her mobile phone and more.

Her condition baffled doctors when it severely worsened, getting to the point where any micro-bacteria touching her skin and even smells could cause her a fatal anaphylactic shock.

PICS BY PILAR OLAVE / CATERS NEWS

In 2014, the couple discovered a gas leak in their home was causing Pilar’s immune system to turn against itself due to lack of oxygen.

Pilar said: “The first trouble symptoms were a lot of brain fog and mental confusion, I would forget my lines one second to the next and would blank out, I would have no idea where I was.

PICS BY PILAR OLAVE / CATERS NEWS

“Then I became sensitive to scents and chemicals, whenever I would use hairspray or put on make-up I would get stomach pains, headache, nausea and just felt sick.

“It progressed to me being bedridden, then the scariest symptom was the shortness of breath and a constant feeling like I was being starved of oxygen.

“The windows would all be open but my chest was really tight, I couldn’t breathe well and I would get heart palpitations.

PICS BY PILAR OLAVE / CATERS NEWS

“I suffered numbness in my extremities and my vision became blurrier too, getting to the point where I thought I was going to lose my sight.

“Then I developed allergic reactions, most troubling was food – I wasn’t eating anything, even trying to consume broth was shutting down my body’s nervous system and making me collapse.

PICS BY PILAR OLAVE / CATERS NEWS

“I would have anaphylactic shocks where my throat would close up, but when I went to the emergency room no one never knew how to treat me.

“Anything I would touch or breathe would give me some form of a reaction, I became hypersensitive to everything.

“From smells to people, places, foods, clothing, water, colours, lights, the list goes on, I was allergic to the life and world.”

PICS BY PILAR OLAVE / CATERS NEWS

It wasn’t until her husband mysteriously collapsed in their apartment that she began to believe something inside might be killing them both in 2014.

Investigations revealed their bedroom was slowly being poisoned by an undetected gas leak, caused by piping that had been ‘severely corroded’ for years.

Pilar said: “The gas company found a pipe beneath our bedroom that had corroded and most likely had been leaking for a number of years.

“We never picked up on a gas scent apparently due to the combination of being a low level leak and being mixed with other household scents.

“As my condition worsened I spent more and more time being bedridden and locked away in the condo with the toxic gas, which poisoned me even more.”

After the discovery, she was diagnosed with an array of conditions all caused by extreme environmental poisoning.

Her brain and lungs were so deprived of oxygen that it had caused her body’s immune system to work in overdrive – attacking anything she encountered.

PICS BY PILAR OLAVE / CATERS NEWS

Pilar said: “My body was so badly compromised by the toxicity, I suffered nerve damaged, multiple chemical sensitivity, mast cell activation syndrome and more.

“My mast cells are constantly releasing histamine, so my body is reacting constantly to anything and everything.

“It feels like I was born in the wrong world, everything is survival mode – all I can do is try to live from one day to the next.

“My reactions are so severe I could have an anaphylactic shock from the smell of a fragrance, car fumes, any kind of chemicals, my husband, people in general, foods and anything could make my body attack itself.

PICS BY PILAR OLAVE / CATERS NEW

“I can’t touch or kiss because my body is hypersensitive and the bacteria on others skin will set my immune system off.”

Since her diagnosis, she’s been fundraising for specialist treatment and has received over 200 oxygen sessions.

So far it has enabled her to start eating again by reintroducing seven foods, brief stints outside, short visits from family and more.

Pilar said: “After having oxygen from a hyperbaric chamber, it has helped me with walking, talking and has strengthened my immune system.

PICS BY PILAR OLAVE / CATERS NEWS

“It has reduced some of my symptoms by beginning to heal damaged organs, tissue, and nerves as well as helping with my brain function.

“After two years of isolation, strict avoidance of any type of chemicals, multiple treatments, and attempted detoxification my body is getting calmer

“It could still take years for me to fully recover, but I’m hopeful that someday I will have a normal life again.”

Until then Pilar still must remain inside her apartment, isolated away from family and friends, including her husband.

Any visitors have to wear special clothing that she can tolerate and not wear any fragrances, lotions, or anything containing chemicals.

PICS BY PILAR OLAVE / CATERS NEWS

Pilar added: “The only way for me to get better is to avoid exposure and stay indoors with my air purifiers running 24/7.

“I do this to avoid severe reactions, if I keep away from the world my body will get a chance to heal instead of being in a reactive state all the time.

“So by receiving treatments and staying indoors in a clean environment, when I do get exposed to something I won’t have as severe of a reaction”

Pilar is fundraising to continue her multiple treatments, including oxygen, IV bags, lymphatic drainage and more, which will help her body remove the toxic overload in her system.

She added: “All I can do now is take one day at a time, focus on my recovery, and try to help others to be aware of this type of environmental illness.

“It’s been a horrible nightmare for me, but I am hopeful someday soon this will be over.”

To donate to her cause visit: www.gofundme.com/PilarOlave