By Charlotte Nisbet
What would Jess say! A furious animal lover has had her post delivery cancelled – because the postman is scared of her CAT.
Becky Taylor, from Cardiff, was stunned when she received a letter from Royal Mail claiming her cat Choco was a hazard and needed to be caged.
Choco, three, is a pedigree Rag Doll cat and enjoys being cuddled and cradled like a baby in his spare time.
The former PCSO decided to share the letter on Facebook and couldn’t believe it when the postman himself commented on the post.
He claimed the cat had caused his finger to bleed on three occasions and had a Tetanus jab.
Becky has since installed a post box to ensure Choco doesn’t cause any further problems.
The 37 year old said: “I was so shocked to receive a letter from Royal Mail about my Choco’s behaviour.
“I have two Rag Doll cats but I knew Choco was to blame as he always gets excited when he sees post coming through the door.
“We’ve never had any problems with him in the past though and he’s three years old now.
“I can imagine he is curious seeing the letterbox opening and has shoved his paw through, there’s no way he would mean any harm.
“Whenever anyone comes over to our house he just loves being stroked and cuddled.
“It really made me laugh that he’d been called a hazard.
“They even told us that we needed to take measures to ensure it’s safe for their postmen and women, indicating that we wouldn’t receive our post unless something changed.
“That same day my husband, John Newman, 39, went and brought a post box.
“We don’t want the same thing happening again in the future.”
Becky found the whole thing comical and posted a photo of the letter on her Facebook page followed by a few of Choco – she never imagined the postman himself would comment.
She added: “I found it so funny when I saw the postman’s comment.
“If Choco had been such a problem I don’t understand why he wouldn’t have come and told us personally.
“We are always so friendly towards him and I would have thought he could have expressed his concerns after his finger had been hurt three times.
“I apologised to him online but I haven’t heard back from him since.
“You always hear of dogs scaring postmen but never fluffy cats, the whole thing has really made me laugh.”
Becky first brought Choco three years ago after being diagnosed with skin cancer.
She said: “I wanted to wake up in the morning and have something to think about other than my diagnosis.
“And he has definitely done that, he loves nothing more than being brushed, having foot massages and cuddles.”