By Charlotte Nisbet
This blooming beautiful garden looks unrecognisable after a savvy mum transformed it into a pink paradise on a budget.
From flower walls, to pink cushions, throws and fairy lights, Chrissie Bray, 45, says she couldn’t be happier with her glam garden which took her two years to transform.
After dreaming of an outdoor space that resembled her lounge, Chrissie got to work on upcycling furniture, relaying artificial grass and creating different zones for her garden.
Whether you’re in the dining, planting or relaxing zone, Chrissie ensures each area is perfectly presented.
Chrissie, who says she never spends more than £30 on garden accessories per month, said: “I’ve created my beautiful garden on a budget, after all, I am a single parent.
“I have upcycled most things to ensure they fit the general pastel theme.
“I wanted to create my own pink paradise and to have a lounge area outdoors and I definitively feel as though I have achieved that.”
The former teacher – who is now set to become a body confidence coach – says she decided to start transforming her garden, known as Chrissie’s corner after she was rediagnosed with breast cancer in 2018.
She added: “I knew I wouldn’t be able to go out very much while going through surgery and chemotherapy so I decided to try and utilise my outdoor space as much as possible.
“I have always loved indoor interiors so I thought why not extend it to my garden.
“After initially spending £3k on it being landscaped, it quickly became my little sanctuary and helped massively with keeping my mind occupied during a difficult time.
“I’m now in remission and I couldn’t be happier with my little house, in fact, whenever I’m out nowadays, all I want to do is come home and sit in my glam garden.”
Chrissie has amassed over 30k followers on her Instagram page ‘chrissiescorner’ and has even been gifted her large outdoor sofa by Rattan Direct.
She added: “I love working with brands and showcasing my styling efforts to all my followers online.
“I’m incredibly proud of my garden and it’s crazy to think I only started my little hobby two years ago and how quickly it has grown.
“I hope to inspire others out there to do the same, it really doesn’t have to cost a fortune to make your garden look pretty.
“I shop at budget stores such as B&M, The Range and supermarkets for my outdoor accessories and they never cost more than around £20 per item.
“There’s often seasonal sales too so a lot of outdoor accessories can be bought for low prices as the summer comes to an end.
“You can often get furniture to upcycle from second hand stores too.
“My garden is almost complete but I really would love a hot tub, that’s the next thing on my list.”
BUDGET GLAM GARDEN BREAKDOWN:
GARDEN RUG – £24.99
FLUFFY RUG – £20
CUSHIONS X15 – £100
PLANT POTS X4 – £40
FLORIDA FOUR PIECE RATTAN SET by RATTAN DIRECT – GIFTED
X2 CURTAIN FAIRY LIGHTS PLUS X2 LANTERNS by FESTIVE LIGHTS LTD – GIFTED
LARGE GARDEN POT by GET POTTED – GIFTED
EXTRA THROWS AND CUSHIONS by B&M – GIFTED
DINING AREA – £150
ARTIFICIAL FLOWERS – £50
UP CYCLED BENCH – £30
UPCYCLED TUB CHAIRS – £80
SWINGING EGG CHAIR – £150
HANDMADE PLANTERS – £80
TOTAL – £724.99 [362.49 PER YEAR] – £30 PER MONTH
CHRISSIE’S TOP TIPS TO GLAM UP YOUR GARDEN:
- Buy second hand furniture and repaint it! You can get great deals on Facebook market place or local selling pages.
- Spruce up an existing garden sofa that you have with a fresh new colour. You can go from dark to white with the right paint to completely transform your furniture to your chosen colour scheme.
- Fake it till you make it! Use faux flowers and plants if your plant care game is not strong.
- Get a statement piece of furniture like an egg chair which you can style through the seasons. Style it up with pretty throws, faux flowers and at night turn up the style stakes and adorn it in fairy lights.
- Design your outdoor space with the same passion that you have for your interior space. If blush and gold is your thing don’t be afraid to take this style outdoors too. Use accessories to bring your outdoor room together and a stylish outdoor rug is a must!